PITCHER WALSH BREAKS FOOT DURING PRACTICE

Attempts to steal Home by Sliding, But Snaps Three Bones--Twilight Games This Spring

On the same day that the Varsity baseball team completed plans for a schedule that will include three twilight games, hopes for the approaching season took a server jolt when Dick Walsh, one of the most promising pitchers on the squad, was invalided out for the next month by breaking his foot during practice yesterday.

Walsh was attempting to steal home in a practice game in the Briggs Cage, and seeing that his chances of making the plate weren't better than 50-50, tried to slide past Catcher George Blackwood. His foot caught as he made the slide and three bones were snapped. This is expected to keep him out for at least a month.

Walsh, after going through the 1934 season as the No. 1 Freshman pitcher, had appeared very promising in the indoor work this spring. Losing him will place a harder burden than ever of such men as Bill Lincoln and Drib Braggiotti, the chief of the unfortunately few remaining possibilities.

When the team starts in its schedule it will, for the first time in history, be slated to play three of its game at 5 o'clock or later. All of these twilight games will be mid-week affairs and the late hour is especially designed to make it possible for graduates of come over and see the team in action. On this basis Providence will be played at 5.30 o'clock on May 8, Columbia at 5 o'clock on May 15, and Holy Cross at 5.30 o'clock on June 5.