FOOTBALL TEAM MOVES OUTSIDE TO PRACTICE

Year's First Outdoor Workout Held by Harlow's Men--Baseball Squad Stays In Briggs Cage

Surpassing even his best hopes by a full two weeks, Coach Dick Harlow was able to lead his Varsity football men on a trek out to the wide open spaces yesterday for the initial outdoor practice of the season. For an hour and a quarter the hitherto winterbound Varsity disported itself on the greensward and was able to run through a full workout.

The session was held on the Freshmen field, which proved to be very soggy, but still possible as a field for operations. Originally, when he arrived in Cambridge a week ago, Harlow was very doubtful about his team's chances of getting outside before the spring vacation, and all previous workouts gave been held in Briggs Cage.

Meanwhile the baseball team continued to practice inside yesterday, but there is a change that at least Coach Henry Chauncey's Freshmen may join the football men on the outdoor fields this afternoon if the weather continues favorable.

Usually the baseball squad has at least one day on the outside diamond before starting on its spring trip, which begins this year the end of next weeks, and will include an especially long tour that will get as far south as Baltimore.