DENNETT ELECTED TO TOP POSITION OF BROOKS HOUSE

Additional Officers Will Be Chosen Before New Appointees Begin Work On May 1

With 140 members voting, Phillips Brooks House Association yesterday elected the three main officers who will guide the House in its social service work and other activities next year. Raymond Dennett '36 of Williamstown was chosen president while Rodman W. Paul '36 of Milton and Shaun Kelly, Jr. '36 of Richmond were elected to fill the offices of vice-president and secretary-treasurer, respectively.

These three men will form the executive committee and as such will have general direction of the House policies during 1935-36. The other officers of the House will be chosen shortly and with the executive group will take office on May 1.

Dennett, the new chief of Brooks House, has been prominent in the Liberal Club for several years and is now a member of the executive board of the Club. Recently he directed the Student Conferences on Careers in Government, which met here on Friday and Saturday of last week. At these conferences Dennett's father, Dr. Tyler Dennett, president of Williams College, was one of the outstanding speakers.

The new vice-president, Paul, is a members of the CRIMSON board and was publicity manager of the Hasty Pudding show this spring. He has been working at Brooks House since his Freshman year and was this year Chairman of the Foreign Student Committee. Last summer he was awarded the Brooks House scholarship for travel in Europe.

Kelly has taken part in a great many College activities and has been one of the outstanding members of his class, winning its presidency in his Freshman year. He is on the Student Council and was the Council and was the Council member designated to direct Freshman activities during 1934-35.