LEGISLATED LITTERS

The legislative action proposed by the Canadian Government with regard to the Dionno litter should be of immediate concern not only to every liberty loving Harvard student but also to every mother and father in the United States. The proposed bill intends that the Misses Dionne shall not be commercialized by the money grubbing vaudeville entrepreneurs of New York and Chicago. It is a direct national slap at the great acquisitive qualities which have maintained the Yankee at the top of the financial heap, and an insult to that maternal instinct which flames inherent in the breasts of all true Americans.

How could the Canadian legislative mind be so cold as to believe any citizen of the United States capable of even harboring a thought which involved snatching tender offspring from the breasts of fond parents? After all, are we not all brothers under the skin? Are we not all sharers of the common heritage of humanity, family devotion? Let us be broad minded about this thing. Let us look at the situation through the eyes of the loving mother. Picture the affection lavished in the quiet of the home with no one there but mother, father, Dr. Dafee, three nurses, the quintuplets, and numerous brothers and sisters. Is the picture not touching enough to bring out the best in the heart of any man, woman, or child?

When such evidently prejudiced legislation is looked upon with disgust by all nations the international tension will be relieved and we shall all be able to live in the calm happiness of brotherhood. Love, not only of mother for quintuplets, not only of vaudeville entrepreneurs for packed houses, but love of neighbor for neighbor, man for man, will lead us to that glorious millenium for which all thinking men strive. Such proposals are but stumbling blocks in the path to progress, and the sooner they can be removed from the international scene the sooner mankind will be happy.