VICTORY EXPECTED IN FRIDAY FIELD EVENTS

POLE VAULTERS PROGRAMMED TO SWEEP FIELD

With the opening of the G.B.I. Meet two days away, Eddie Farrell's prospects in the field events look brighter than was the case in the winter track season, where the weight men were limited to the 35-pound weight throw.

Dick Johnson has been throwing the javelin over two hundred feet in the last week of practice, which means a sure victory for the Crimson in this event.

Malcolm Millard, who did not compete in the winter track season, has been twirling the discus close to 150 feet, which disposes of all worries in this contest, while Normie Cahners' win in the Tri Meet throw last month means another five points for the field men.

With the best trio of pole vaulters in New England, Harvard can look for a clean sweep of the field over the high stands, and the meet may end with a triple tie for a new Harvard record when Woodberry, Schumann, and Dubiel swing into action.

For broad jumpers, Coach Farrell has Eddie Calvin and Milt Green, either of whom is good for 23 feet, and Green has formed the habit of winning all hurdle races from 45 yards to 110 meters, so that he may finish the meet with wins in broad jump and two hurdle races.