LINDSAY ROGERS TO SPEAK ON CAREERS IN PUBLIC SERVICE

Round Table Discussions Will Afford Opportunity to Question Speakers on Government Positions

Lindsay Rogers, Burgess Professor of Public Law at Columbia University, will be the final speaker at the closing session of the Student Conference on Careers in Government Saturday afternoon. He was a lecturer at Harvard in 1921 and is well known for his recent book on "Crisis Government." Mr. Rogers has lived a colorful and varied career. He began as a newspaper reporter in Baltimore, then taught at the local City College while he prepared for the Maryland bar. After several years on the faculty of the University of Virginia, he took over the editorship of the Alumni Bulletin. One year as visiting lecturer in government at Harvard intervened before he journeyed to Morning side Heights to join the Columbia faculty.

Distinguished Record

Al Smith called upon Rogers in 1928 to edit the Democratic National Campaign book; and in 1933 he turned "public servant" as Deputy Administrator of the N.R.A. He also served as Moreland Commissioner to investigate the New York State Department of Labor in 1928.

Final arrangements are being made this week for accommodating visiting students from colleges all over New England as well as Harvard and its graduate schools. Students will have the chance at the round-tables to question the speakers on all aspects of government positions and bureaucratic policy.

Well-informed men active in law, medicine, diplomacy, and journalism will speak informally Saturday morning on their respective professions. The round-tables and the Friday night and Saturday afternoon sessions which will consist of prepared addresses, will be open only to those who register for the Conference.