NINE MORE SCULLERS WIN PLACES IN FINALS

Nelson Covers Course in Best Time of Afternoon to Nose Out Chafee in Narrow Comp Trials

Three men qualified for the finals in the broad comps and six men will enter the finals in the narrows as a result of the sculling semi-finals held yesterday.

Henry W. Locke '38, Selden T. Rodgers '36, and Robert C. Cochrane '38 finished in that order in the broad comp event. The winning time was 4 minutes and 25 seconds for the half-mile course.

Three heats were run off by the narrow compmen, the first two qualifying for the finals on Friday. In the first, Andrew T. Nelson '37, led Robert S. Chafee '36 in the best time of the afternoon. Nelson covered the course in 4 minutes and 6 seconds, with Chafee close behind, so the final appears to be between these two. A dead heat resulted in the second, between Andrew G. Webster, II '37, and Samuel H. Rindge '35. The time was 4 minutes and 22 seconds. In the third heat Carnig Tovmassian '36 finished ahead of Stanley L. Olnick '36. All of these men race Friday in the finals.

Today the novice singles for men who have never raced before will be run off, and tomorrow the Carroll Cup Races, for the most experienced singlesmen in the College. The finals for all groups are scheduled for Friday.