BASEBALL TEAM DOWNS BROWN; LINCOLN STARS

Crimson Shuts Out Bears, 3-0 in Tight Game; Brown Gets Only Three Hits; Maguire is Hurt

Behind the three hit pitching of Bill Lincoln, the Varsity baseball squad shut out Brown 3-0 at Providence yesterday. Lincoln was in top form, and retired six men by the strike-out route, and he started the winning rally in the sixth, by driving out a long triple to left.

Neither team had been able to score up to that point, although the Bears threatened in the fourth, when they bunched two of their three hits, and filled the bases on a Crimson error, with one out.

Lincoln steadied immediately, and the next two Brown batters flied out to the field, ending the inning without damage.

Harvard Runs

Harvard's runs all came in the sixth, when Lincoln opened the inning with the triple. Fletcher walked and went to second on Adzigian's grounder, Bilodeau grounded to the pitcher, and Lincoln beat the throw to the plate for the first run. Fletcher and Bilodeau scored later in the inning on Owen's single.

The Crimson nine played very steady defensive ball, and made only one error during the game, as contrasted with four and five made during some League contests.

In the fourth, Captain Dick Maguire was stunned by a foul tip, but he recovered and went on with the game.