$5000 IN FELLOWSHIPS AWARDED BY UNIVERSITY

Francois Long of Paris Wins Chapman Memorial Fellowship--Awards for Research Granted

Fellowships totaling $5000 have been awarded by the University for the academic year 1935-36, it was announced yesterday, as follows:

Francois Long, of Paris--the Victor Emmanuel Chapman Memorial Fellowship, granted to a French youth for study in some department of the University. Long received the degree of Ingenieur from the Ecole Centrale des Artes et Manufactures, Paris, in 1934. At Harvard he will study in the Graduate School of Engineering.

Research Fellowships

Research fellowships for work at the Harvard University biological station in Soledad, Cuba, have been given to Richard H. Goodwin 2G, of Brookline, and to Albert L. Delisle 3G, of South Hadley Falls.

Parker Fellowships for study in the natural sciences have been awarded to Henry S. Bennett 3M, of Tottori, Japan, and to Carl K. Seyfert '23, of Cleveland. Bennett received his A.B. degree from Oberlin College in 1932 and is at present a candidate for his M.D. at the Medical School. He will study anatomy and physiology. Seyfert, who will study astronomy, graduated from Harvard magna cum laude and received his A.M. in 1924.