COLLEGE FILLED WITH SCOOPS FOR CRIMSON RUNNERS

START WEDNESDAY

With football commanding undergraduate attention, men who enter the news and editorial competitions for the CRIMSON next Wednesday evening at 7.30 o'clock will have ample opportunity to follow the most minute activities of Coach Harlow's teams on Soldiers Field. Seldom has Harvard presented such a wealth of interest as it does this fall when the final and smallest competitions for Juniors and Sophomores for the four boards of the paper get underway. Like Dick Harlow, Dr. Arlie Vernon Bock, the new health chief at the Hygiene Building, is giving the college a new deal in medicine.

FATE OF SPORTS The fate of minor sports under the new athletic endowment policy will for the first time become clear to undergraduates. The policies of the Conant administration are moving with greater rapidity after two years of experimentation. The qualifications of the professor, the qualifications of the student, and even the qualifications of the colleges are subject of bitter debate.

Aspirants for the Business Board will find that improved business conditions will aid their potentialities immensely,. The chance to land new advertisers is greater than it has been for the last five years.

Naturally, Harvard needs a pictorial record of the forces which are repairing the aging beams of her foundations. Thus the position of a photographic candidate is clear, His life for eight weeks will be like that of the Paramount camera man who "sees all, hears all, and knows all."

CHIEFLY FOR SOPHOMORES The competitions for the news, business and photographic board are primarily for Sophomores but Juniors will be admitted by special arrangement. Likewise the editorial competition which is designed for Juniors is not firmly barred to Sophomores.

The general aspects of a candidate's work will be outlined by Arthur A. Balantine Jr. '36, president at the Wednesday evening meeting in the Building and the specific details of the work of for each board will be described by Stanley C. Salmen '36, Managing Editor; John S. Hartwell '36, acting Business Manager; Henry V. Poor '36, Editorial Chairman, and Philip L. Nightingale '37, Photographic Chairman.