TRIALS FOR SODALITY TONIGHT AND TOMORROW

Malcolm Holmes Will Conduct Again; Trials from 7.15 to 9 o'clock in Music Building Open to All

Competent leadership, orchestral experience, and an opportunity to travel around New England playing in concerts is offered by the Pierian Sodality of 1808 which is opening the 1935-36 season tonight and tomorrow night with trials for new members. Any member of the University is eligible for membership.

These trials will be held in the Music Building from 7.15 to 9 o'clock. Each man will be asked to play a piece he already knows. Then Malcolm H. Holmes '28, the conductor, will give him a composition to play on sight. Each trial will take about five minutes. Orchestral experience will not be necessary for acceptance.

The orchestra is composed of about 40 students from all departments of the University. This year there are many vacancies left open. Some of the old members have received their degrees and others are unable to come back. The number of men accepted is limited somewhat by the number of positions open.

Rehearsals are held twice a week during the year on Tuesday and Thursday evenings in Paine Hall. At intervals, informal sight-reading sessions will be held at which standard orchestral literature will be played at sight.

Already concerts have been scheduled at Longwood Towers, the Boston Harvard Club, and in Cambridge. Joint concerts with Wellesley and Colby Junior College in New London, N. H., have also been arranged. In December the Sodality will present its annual dance at Longwood Towers.