UPSWING UNABATED IN ENROLLMENT OF BUSINESS SCHOOL

33 Hold Alumni Club Scholarships of $300, With Same Number Recipients of Service Position Awards

Figures released last night from the Business School showed a marked increase in the enrollment: first year men registering numbered 494. Those first year men who received permission from the dean to register late due to inability to get to Cambridge will bring the final number up to 515, 73 more than last fall which in turn was 65 more than the fall of 1935.

On Monday second year students will return. About 330 are expected to appear which is also well in excess of the 1935 figure of 285.

This summer, for the first time since 1931, the month's session for business executives was held again. This special session, for the benefit of business men who want to learn theory as well as practice was given up when the depression caused manufacturing concerns to cease giving executives a month's vacation. This summer about 60 men reported from 45 concerns from July 1 to July 31 and it is probable that the session will now be regularly resumed.

Thirty-three incoming students received Business School Alumni Club scholarships of $300 and about the same number will earn $300 from the service scholarships. These scholarships make it possible for a student to earn $300 by working in the libraries, dining halls or about the grounds.