MECHANICAL DISORDER

Rapid and correct presentation of slides for lectures in all Fine Arts courses is obviously a vital necessity. When this feature of the classes is not handled properly the results may well be more than merely annoying. In Fine Arts le many complaints have been made because of the inefficiency of the technical assistants. Occasionally slides appear on the screen upside down or out of order, and time is wasted while the correction is made.

Professor Koehler selects the slides for each lecture, but often he is interrupted by the appearance of an inverted Parthenon or a painting heralded as a Monet which turns out to be a Rembrandt. In one of the last lectures before Reading Period one of the two prejectors was out of commission, and the class was consequently disorganized and its value lost.

Because of the almost complete dependence of the lecturer on slides, mechanical difficulties may and do affect the amount of work accomplished. In order to prevent such disturbances in the future, a check should be made before each class. The equipment should be kept in perfect condition, and only the most efficient assistants should be employed.