SALIENTS OF PLAN FOR NEW SCHOOL

The widening sphere of governmental activity and the increasing complexity of governmental functions combine to render the adequate training of men for public service more urgent than ever before. The need for such training is everywhere although there have been differences in opinion as to how it should be provided.

The objectives should be to provide not only an adequate program of training for public service but to promote research in public administration as well. Special emphasis should be laid upon this latter point.

The organization of the school should include a dean, a separate faculty, its own curriculum and degree, as well as a separate budget. New courses should be offered, although the University Curriculum already offers a rich field for students in the School.

Among the courses which should be given are those in Public Policy, to take up important administrative problems . . . Public Administration, approaching the subject from a strictly professional angle . . . and Practical Politics, to give a clear insight into the workings of the politician's mind.