Conant Stresses Great Value of Learning From Fellow Students

350 Present Also Listen to Dean Dohham, Professor Saunders Of School

Declaring that students "learn most from each other," President Conant last night welcomed the first year men to the School of Business Administration in an address in the Baker Memorial Library across the river.

The meeting, sponsored by the Business School Association, also featured talks by Dean Don ham and Thomas H. Saunders, professor of Accounting.

The President urged the new students to cross the Charles and explore the University, gaining as many friends as possible among the students of the other Graduate Schools. "This," he declared, "will broaden your education tremendously.

"Some of us believe, like Dean Donham, that students learn most from each other. I feel this is especially true in a liberal education."

Vougest Profession

Discussing the development of this school of "the youngest of the profession," Conant said that "the significant thing in the development of the school has been the development of the professional point of view in business."

Dean Donham, who preceded the President, reviewed the 30 years of the school that has "a little less than 10 percent of the age of the University," and spoke at some length on the late George P. Baker, donor of the group of buildings.

Professor Saunders told the prospective businessmen that "you are going into a world where the abundance of good things is greater than ever before and the problem is to divide them."

A group of about 350 first class men listened to the three addresses as they smoked corn cob pipes in what corresponds, but only a very little, with the famed Freshman Smoker. Afterwards beer was served in an informal got-to-gather with faculty and student leaders.

Tonight there will be a reception for the new members of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences in the Faculty Room of University Hall, at 8 o'clock.