P.B.H. DRIVE TO RECRUIT 100 WORKERS THIS WEEK

APPLICANTS TO BE INTERVIEWED PRIVATELY BY BOARD

With more than 100 of last year's members already assigned positions in settlement houses, Phillips Brooks House recruit agents await an influx of over 100 new aspirants for social service work early this week.

A call has been issued by Sheldon Ware '38, chairman of the organization committee, to 500 Freshmen and 600 upperclassmen who have indicated their interest in working with underprivileged children this year. Private interviews will be allowed each applicant in an effort to determine activities which will best suit the individual.

Leading boys' clubs and naturalization work were received with great enthusiasm last year. For those who have a real interest in training poor children of the slums for American citizenship, this year's program should provide ample opportunity, Ware stated.

In the 23 settlement houses sprinkled in Greater Boston and Cambridge recruits are needed to coach athletics, hobby groups and debating societies. Basketball, wrestling, tumbling, and boy scout work have been popular in the past.

At the social service center the committee pointed out that the activity took only from one to three hours weekly. At an unannounced date a competition will be opened for aspirants to the various P.B.H. boards. Preference will be given to those who have obtained best results in their own field, have signed up capable volunteers.