BUSINESS SCHOOL IS CLOSE TO 1936 PLACEMENT MARK

Number of Men in This Field Reaches Record High of Fifteen Percent of Class

Less than four percent of the men who graduated from the Business School last year were unplaced on October 1, it was revealed yesterday by George F. Lombard '33, assistant dean of the School. The number of men who graduated last year was 314.

If half of those unplaced on October 1 get positions before January 1, the 1936 record of placement will be equalled, Lombard said.

New England has absorbed 61 of the 1937 graduates as compared with 48 in 1936, while New York took 99 men of '37 as against 84 men of '36. Total figure of the 1936 graduating class was 290.

Lombard pointed out that a large number of graduates do not return to their home town localities and that the job generally determines where they will go.

In the various business fields, Lombard stated that the jump of men into manufacturing, which has gone from seven to 15 percent, is the outstanding feature. Fifteen percent for this field, in which production and engineering are included is a record high.

The miscellaneous jobs, which in the depression days of 1932 took about 40 percent of the class, have fallen to a more 7 percent. Industrial finance and banking is not a very steady figure during the last few years, Lombard said, but this field is generally good for about a quarter of the class.

Consistent fields have been the marketing group and the public service group, the graduation classes, while the latter. The former uses about ten percent of has maintained a very consistent three percent.