HARLOW'S TEAM SHINES IN DEFENSE TACTICS AS STREET LIGHTS GLEAM

DARTMOUTH GAME WILL NOT BE BROADCAST

By John J. Reidy jr.

Pressure of business forced Dick Harlow to go ever his planned schedule for the first time this year when 10 more minutes were allotted to defense against Dartmouth plays than had been originally planned. Practice continued long after the street lights on Soldiers Field Road were standing out like good deeds in a naughty world of nasty Dartmouth backs who run and run, and are accounted among the best.

Excellent Practice

It was, however, one of the best practices in point of view of drive and spark that has been seen all season. The A and B teams were driving through the C team in a protracted scrimmage with a ruthless abandon that left the subs gasping for air and pawing in the dark. The scrimmage was all from the 20-yard line, and no adding machine was present to keep the list of the scores.

In the scrimmage Freddy Jerome and Rick Hedblom went in for Boston and Wilson who were merely being given a day of grace. In the signal drill, one of the most sparkling of the fall, Boston and Wilson were put back.

No Changes In Team A

There were no changes in the A team lineup. On B team Win Jameson and Gibby Winter were ends, Healey and Barkin, tackles, Glueck and Klein, guards, and Hedblom center. In the back team Frank Foley and Burnett were alternated, with Foley considered as the ranking back under Torbert Macdonald, who went into the A team lineup yesterday.

It was definitely announced that there would be no broadcasting of the Dartmouth game. It is expected that there will be about 45,000 present.