BROOKS IS NAMED HEAD OF RED BOOK FOR CLASS OF 1941

Business Manager Is to Be Selected Today; Competitions for Boards Open Soon

Selected as Red Book Chairman for the current year is John Farrington Brooks, from Loomis School, J. Spence Harvin '39, Student Council representative for Freshman Affairs, announced last night.

Helping Harvin choose Brooks were Kendric N. Marshall '26, Secretary of the Union in charge of Freshmen, Douglas Mercer '40, last year's Union Committee chairman, and Dean Chauncey.

Business Manager

Brooks said that he had narrowed the candidates for Business Manager down to "a few" and would make the final choice today. Competitions for the various boards will begin very soon.

President of the weekly Loomis Log at school, Brooks also headed the Publications Board, played on the football squad and managed the hockey team, He gained honors in his History exam last spring, claims to be an "average" student.

Supplement

The supplement to the Red Book will come out in about two weeks, he said. Pictures of the Yardlings were all taken at the physical examinations and only a little clerical work remains to be done.

This supplement was instituted by last year's board of which John Donnell '40 was chairman at the suggestion of Robert M. Bunker '39, chief of the Red Book two years ago.

Last night Brooks didn't know whether he was going to make any changes in the Book but he had "a feeling I won't."