LEOT WE FORGET

In Harvard Hall this coming Thursday will be held the first of a series of lectures, sponsored by a group of undergraduates and members of the faculty, on the Outlines of Christianity. These lectures will cover many aspects of contemporary phases of religion and Christian ethics, and should prove valuable and interesting for all those who wish to attend them. Each of the sessions will come regularly every Thursday, and will last about three-quarters of an hour, and will be followed by about half an hour of conversation and open discussion. Among the topics to be discussed are the psychology of worship, Christian theology, and Old and New Testament thought. Different men will present their ideas, and the rostrum of lectures is fairly evenly divided between laymen and ministers.

Many students, having painful memories of the old "Sunday school days", have been suspicious of anything at college that seemed likely to rehash in cut and dried and dogmatic fashion the A. B. C's of theology, and consequently in the past, little if no attention has been paid to intelligent thinking about Christianity and world problems.

But this year there is an imposing list of men who will expose their ideas, and then throw the floor open to debate and an exchange of varying viewpoints. Among this list of notables are Professors Munn, Sanders and Wild, and also Doctors Friedrich, Dunn and Nash. All of the lecturers will emphasize the extremely and practical useful role that the Christian Church can play in leading this chaotic world back to some degree of sanity, and they will lay particular stress on the present-day values of Christ's teachings.

In this day and age when women and children are ruthlessly slaughtered in the streets by death-dealing bombs and the poisonous gases, and when the world is racked by the blind passions of men stirred to mad frenzy by demagogues of Fascism and Comunionism, there is a great need for sound thinking, and intelligent application of Christian ideals. If these lecturers can give us a practical slant on the solutions of the problems of today, they will have been extremely valuable.