HARLOW RUNS VARSITY THROUGH LIGHT DRILL

Allen, Boston Only Doubtfuls for Army Clash, With Battered Macdonald to Be Ready Saturday

By Donald B. Straus

It was a very battered and bruised A team that reported for practice yesterday afternoon, one that showed unmistakable signs of wear and tear suffered in three successive tough Saturdays.

Captain Russ Allen limped on the field with the much needed aid of a cane and took his place in the press stands definitely a side-line figure until after the Davidson game, although he may be able to take a limited part in practices later this week. Chief Boston reported in uniform, but he didn't look very much like the Tiger hunter he was last Saturday. The exact nature of his injury is not easy to determine from his actions, it seems to be mainly a matter of favoring the spot that hurts most. Whether or not he will be able to start against Army depends primarily on his powers of recuperation, but Cliff Wilson, who apparently has weathered the storm with no ill effects, is a more than adequate replacement. As a matter of fact, Wilson had the call over Boston at blocking back all last season.

Torb Macdonald, too, wasn't in what you might call the pink of condition. Although there seems to be little doubt that he, Harding and Struck will be ready to go at top speed by the end of the week, they will need every one of the days between now and Saturday to revover completely. It is rest more than practice that the squad needs now, and Dick Harlow has lightened his afternoon schedules considerably with this in mind. There will be no scrimmage this week.

Rick Hedblom still has the edge over Tim Russell for a starting place at Center, although there has been no official decision made as yet. Both have equally excellent Princeton game performances under their belt, and even though Russell's was a year ago, he is a powerful competitor for the pivot post. Chuck Klein will start in place of Captain Allen at guard