'41 PHOTOGRAPHERS TO TRY OUT FOR CRIMSON

Competition Opening Tuesday Makes Appeal to Trained or Inexperienced Men; Interest Alone Necessary

If you are a Freshman and photographer, here is an excellent opportunity to make use of your abilities and to learn more about the art. If you are not a photographer but would like to be, there is no reason why you should not become one, if you are interested.

It is only necessary to come to the CRIMSON Building when the competitions start on Tuesday, November 9. Come with empty hands; the CRIMSON will supply cameras to those who need them.

For the inexperienced the first week finds itself dedicated to learning how to use the Graflex camera, develop and print pictures, and mix chemicals. First few pictures are simple ones, chiefly for practice.

For the experienced come immediate assignments in sports and other lines. For both classes follow examination and helpful criticism of pictures by members of the board.

Opportunities present themselves to the successful candidate for meeting a large number of people in all positions, for gaining a great deal of experience in all sorts of photography from the employment of telephoto lenses at football games to microphotography.

At present such opportunities appear almost unlimited when it is considered that pictures of all kinds are in incressing demand by the paper, from formal portraits to candid shots of the student falling down Widener steps.