WILD GIVES TALK ON CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY

BOOTH OF VASSAR TO SPEAK NEXT ON SCRIPTURES

Asserting that "the ultimate purpose of the Bible is to reveal the way to salvation," John D. Wild '26, assistant professor of philosophy, last night discussed the tenets of Christianity as contained in the Apostles' Creed.

Although Christians have had to believe in these tenets without any empirical proof of their truth, Wild said that "scientific and historical approaches to the Scriptures have not sounded the death-knell of faith." Wild went through the Apostles' Creed and discussed each article, bringing in the beliefs of other religions when they were relevant.

In one digression, Wild assailed the argument of Friedrich Nietzche concerning the "slave morality" of Christians. Saying that there was nothing passive about the Christian religion, Wild added, "to prepare one's own Cross is the most virile form of activity."

The lecture, entitled "Christian Theology," was the fifth of the current series on the Outline of Christianity.

It was announced that the sixth lecture of the series would take place Thursday evening, despite the holiday. Edwin B. Booth, professor of Historical Theology in Vassar College, will speak on the Scriptures. Booth is the only speaker of the series not connected with the College.