'41 RED BOOK REGISTER WILL BE OUT ON FRIDAY

CHAIRMAN BROOKS ANNOUNCES COMPETITION

Beginning probably Friday noon, the 1941 edition of the Freshman Red Book "Register" will be distributed at the Union outside the dining halls, John F. Brooks '41, Chairman of the Red Book Committee, anounced last night.

The publication is the first of two to be put out by the Red Book committee, and will resemble last year's Register. It will contain the photographs, and names of every Freshman, together with his home and college address, and the names of his prep school. The volume is 175 pages in length.

The distribution will be carried on at two tables, one for subscribers whose names begin with A to K, and the other for ones whose names begin with K to Z.

All those who have subscribed but have not paid their bill will be required to make a down payment of two dollars before receiving their copy. The men who have settled their entire bill before the end of the term will have their names embossed in gold on the cover of the Red Book.

Regarding the Red Book staff a competition for positions on a photographic and a literary board will be held at the close of midyears.

In addition to Brooks, the officers of the Committee are Harry K. Mansfield, business manager; Lemuel Bannister, Jr., circulation chairman; and Langdon P. Marvin, Jr., advertising chairman.