HOCKEY TEAM WINS 13-0 IN ONE-SIDED BATTLE WITH M.I.T.

First and Third Lines Account for Ten Points, Second for Two--1941 in 2-1 Win Over Framingham

Scoring almost at will, the Varsity hockey team opened its season last night before a small crowd at the Arena by blanking a vastly inferior M. I. T. sextet 13-0.

The Crimson sewed the game up before seven minutes had elapsed by ramming home three fast goals. They failed to score during the remainder of the first period although constantly carrying the puck into the Engineers' territory. From the start Tech adopted a strictly defensive style of play.

Harding High Scorer

Skating faster and passing more accurately, the Stubbsmen came back to score six goals in the second period and ran the string out with four mere in the finale. High scorer for the Crimson was Austle Harding, third line center, who scored three goals and made one assist. Twice he circled the Tech net and sneaked the puck into the corner before the goalie could shift from the other side.

The first line of Cutter, Roberts and Mechem, and the third of Harding, DeRham and Stone accounted for ten of the Crimson's total. Jameson and Patrick on the second combined for two, and Captain Traf Hicks scored the defense's lone tally.

Not Real Test

Last night's game was not a real test of the strength of this year's team. At times the forwards were slowed down by the hard checking of the Tech defense; at other times they exhibited a fast and flashy attack. The Crimson defense didn't have much to do, and Freedley and Johnson in the net were never seriously threatened.

1940 Edges Framingham

In the nightcap of the double header Clark Hodder's Yardling outfit found it no easy task in downing a scrappy Framingham sextet 2 to 1, failing to score again after completely dominating the first period.

Wright, second line wing, opened the scoring at 4:18 in the first period when he netted a pass from Claflin after a scrimmage in front of the Framingham cage. Three minutes later, Cox scored on a pass from Burton.