TYPEWRITER SCIENCE IS NOT ESSENTIAL FOR CRIMSON COMPETITION

It Is Easy Under New Regime to Retain High Scholastic Standing During Competition

In order to satisfy its need for editors the CRIMSON opens Wednesday at 7.30 o'clock a competition for all boards. Any Freshman, whether able to operate a typewriter or not, will be welcomed.

The competition costs nothing to enter, requires no previous experience or special aptitude, and can be dropped at any time. The work is divided up in such a way that anyone of average ability can readily see what is to be done and may compete successfully for either the news or the business boards.

In former days a CRIMSON competition was run on the theory that candidates were to be worked as hard as possible and that those whose health, morals and scholastic record survived 13 weeks of almost incessant labor would be taken on, if, as, and when the editors felt like it.

With the increased number of men out for honors and the growth of the tutorial system drastic changes have had to be made. It is possible to come out for the CRIMSON and held a high scholastic standing. To prove this it is only necessary to cite the case of a man still in college who, after successfully completing eight weeks of competition, was awarded the Whitaker scholarship, given annually to the Freshman "who shows the most outstanding scholastic ability and intellectual promise as indicated by distinction in studies". Another competitor was able to make the board and also become a marshal of Phi Beta Kapa.