SEXTET COASTS TO 8-5 CONQUEST OF ELI TEAM

WORK OF BUNDY IN BLUE NET HALTS HARVARD RUSHES

Scoring five quick goals in the last half of the first period, the Varsity hockey team coasted to an 8 to 5 victory over a never say die Bulldog sextet Saturday night at the New Haven Arena. In ringing up their twenty-first win in their last twenty-two starts, the Stubbsmen not only took the first game in the Yale series, but also were the first to capture for the second successive year the Quadrangular League championship.

In the opening minutes of the first period, Mahoney was called upon to turn back several Eli threats with brilliant stops. Overcoming the let-down following the McGill game, the Crimson gained top form with a quintet of goals by Carr, Mechem (2), Pope, and Patrick.

Lee Ecker made it six up for the Crimson early in the second period. Despite the deficit the constantly improving Elis took advantage of many jumps resulting from Harvard five-man rushes, and before the period ended D. Humphrey, Platt, and Andrews beat Kidder, now playing in the Crimson net. Pope scored his second goal of the evening on an unassisted dash.

Midway through the final period, Austie Harding scored the fast-tiring Crimson's final goal on an unassisted rush. Boles and Badger brought Yale's total to five, and Kidder was constantly pressed by Eli marksmen.

Bundy played sensationally in the Blue net, substituting for Pearce after the first period. Had he started, the Crimson might have had a tough battle.