TYRO WILLOW WIELDERS SHORN BY SAMBORSKI

Primary Spring Housecleaning Dusts Squad of Neophyte Pellet Chasers Down to 22

Coach Adolph Samborski after two weeks of practice in the Briggs Cage pared his squad of fifty men down to 22 yesterday. Another cut will be made on Friday, March 12.

Those retained for further practice are, infielders: Freedley, Heiskill, Lutz, Morrill, Page, McPherson, Thomas, Wood. Outfielders: Bowen, Kelley, Locke, MacDonald, Noyes, Williston, Catchers: Fulton, Gorham, Pratt. Pitchers: Casey, Healey, Moore, Starr, and Woodward.

The Yardlings will find it difficult to equal the record of last year's Freshman nine with twenty victories and one tie out of twenty-one starts to its credit. The Freshmen are lacking in good pitching material and first rate infielders, but are strong in catching talent. Little can be ascertained concerning the prowess of outfielders until the team gets outdoors.

At present Sam Merrill, Exeter third sacker last year, is playing the same position on the first lineup; Fred Mc-Pherson is holding down the short grass, Bill Thomas second base, and Charlie Lutz first. Bill Wood, former shortstop and hard hitting Belmont Hill captain, is being groomed for a first base berth.