UNION COMMITTEE REVIVES REVIEWS IN 1940 COURSES

Approval of Professors to Be Asked by Committee in Move to Tie Up Survey Courses

Free reviews under the auspices of the Union Committee have been decided on for final exams, Douglas Mercer 40, chairman, announced last night. The reviews given at Midyears and Finals last year were not offered at Midyears this year.

All Freshman courses with an enrollment of 50 or over will be affected by the plan which provides for instructors in the courses to give the reviews. The committee expressed the belief that there was definite need for a review to tie up the work in the large survey courses, and that many men could not afford the high prices charged by the tutoring schools.

It is planned to have the instructor in courses such as History 1, Government 1, and Biology D who has charge of the review have nothing to do with the making of the examination so that he can cover the course with no fear of giving anything away.

Plans for reviews were formulated too late at Midyears to be carried into effect, although it was felt a definite demand existed. This semester the committee does not intend to be caught napping, and it expects to have a completed program by May.

Kendrick N. Marshall '21, Secretary of the Union, who, with Dean Leighton was present at the meeting when the matter was discussed, said that he was leaving the problem entirely in the hands of the committee.