HUTTER, STRUCK, DEVELIN ELECTED 1937-8 CAPTAINS

Hutter Is Holder of Records in 440, 220, 100, and 50; Won Major Letter Two Years

Charles George Hutter '38, of Watertown, New York, was elected captain, yesterday, of the 1937-38 Varsity swimming team. It was also announced that Vernon Henry Struck '38, of Centralia, Illinois, was chosen to lead the 1937-38 Varsity basketball team, and John Chubb Develin '38, of Lynchburg, Virginia, will lead next year's squash racquets team.

As a member of his Freshman team, Hutter, who prepared for Harvard at Central High School, won numerals, and won a major 'H' in minor colors on the 1935-36 and 1936-37 Varsity teams. The new captain holds the University and Pool records in the 220 yard free style, the 100 yard free style, and the 50 yard free style.

He also holds the Harvard-Yale Dual Meet record in the 50 yard free style and the 100 yard free style. In the 440 free style swim Hutter holds the University record, and is a member of the 300 yard medley relay team which recently set a new National Intercollegiate record.

Struck, who prepared for Harvard at Centralia High School, won a major 'H' in football in the years of 1935-36 and 1936-37. He played Freshmen football but an injury prevented his playing in the Yale game. Struck played guard on the 1935-36 Varsity basketball team and won a minor 'H' on this year's team.

Develin, who prepared for Harvard at Middlesex, was captain of his Freshman team and won his numerals. In 1935-36 he played on the Varsity B team; this year he played number two on A team.