OATH BILL REPEAL TO BE FOUGHT IN SENATE

GOVERNOR HURLEY WILL NOT VETO IF SENATE ASSENTS

After a motion for reconsideration had held up the repeal of the Teachers Oath Bill over the weekend, the House of Representatives refused to submit to a third roll call and sent to the Senate yesterday the legislation which will be debated in the higher body on Wednesday.

Declination of the House to undergo another ballot, proposed last Friday after the repealists had won a narrow 120-112 victory, came when Representative John B. Wenzler of South Boston asked for a roll call vote on his action for reconsideration. Only 20 men rose to support him, ten less than the required number.

Chief opponents of the move, who voiced their opinion in a brief debate, were Ralph Clampit of Springfield, House Chairman of the Legislative Committee on Education, and Republican floor leader Christian Herter.

Governor Charles E. Hurley has been keeping a close watch over the progress of the repeal bill, according to well-informed observers in political circles. Although it is generally supposed that he opposes the legislation, pressure of the Teachers' Union will be strong enough to prevent his veto.