Hockey Team Winds Up Best Season in Crimson Annals With Fourteen Wins

101 Goals, 81 Assists Scored in 15 Game Schedule Showing But One Loss

Leading Toronto by six points, the Crimson sextet garnered second place in the International Intercollegiate Hockey League which has just completed its first year of competition. After the most successful season ever compiled by a Crimson hockey outfit, the Stubbsmen have a record of nine league wins and but one defeat.

With the 7-2 McGill defeat the only loss chalked up against them Captain Ford's team piled up a total of 57 markers against their Double I opponents, while the enemy was only able to sink 30 goals in the Crimson nets.

The final standings of the teams were as follows: Goals   W  L  Pts.  For  Agst. McGill  10  0  20  87  16 Harvard  9  1  18  57  30 Toronto  6  4  12  48  32 Montreal  5  5  10  38  33 Queens  4  6  8  35  40 Dartmouth  3  7  6  29  64 Yale  2  8  4  20  60 Princeton  1  9  2  25  62

Scoring two goals and an assist in Saturday's Yale slaughter Captain George Ford wound up his undergraduate hockey days in a blaze of glory and ran his point total of his four years of collegiate competition to 102.

Seven points behind his center, left winger Austie Harding sank 21 goals and set up 11 scoring plays to amass a total of 32 points. The other members of the Stubbs 1937 outfit were likewise busy and drove in many a goal to run the Crimson total to 101 of goals and 81 assists for a grand total of 182 points for the season.

Individual Scoring Records

Following are the individual point records of each Varsity letterman:   Goals  Assists  Totals Ford  18  21  39 Harding  21  11  32 Mechem  12  8  20 Pope  13  3  16 Roberts  7  9  16 Hicks  5  8  13 Cutter  8  4  12 Patrick  3  5  8 Allen  5  3  8 Ecker  4  4  8 Carr  3  3  6 Jameson  2  1  3 Emerson  0  1  1 Stone  0  0  0 Callaway  0  0  0 Totals  101  81  182

Captain to be Chosen

With the date for the team picture as yet undecided upon, no day has been set for the election of next year's hockey leader, but the chances are that the captain to succeed George Ford will be elected sometimes this week or next.

Juniors who played against Yale and so are eligible for election are George Roberts, John Mechem and Ned Cutter of the second line; Russ Allen and Traf Hicks, first string defense pair; Ralph Pope, third line right winger; and Sene Emerson, reserve defenseman. Of these men George Roberts and Traf Hicks have played the most and seem a lightly more logical choices.

Season's ScoresVARSITY HOCKEY RECORDHarvard 8  M.I.T. 0Harvard 7  Clarkson Tech 5Harvard 6  Clarkson Tech 3Harvard 3  Clarkson Tech 1Harvard 5  Toronto 4Harvard 2  Dartmouth 0Harvard 7  Brown 1Harvard 6  Princeton 2Harvard 14  Dartmouth 4Harvard 5  Queens 2Harvard 8  Princeton 4Harvard 9  Boston University 3Harvard 2  McGill 7Harvard 3  Montroal 1Harvard 8  Yale 5Harvard 5  Yale

Individual Scoring Records

Captain to be Chosen

Captain to be Chosen