NINE FACES FIRST LEAGUE TEST HERE WITH TIGER TODAY

Yardlings Travel to Exeter Today and Newport on Monday, Jayvees Seek Victory at Andover

The Varsity baseball team settles down here today in a determined effort to win its first home league game against a powerful and undefeated Princeton nine.

The game will be called at 3 o'clock; admission 55 cents.

Coach Fred Mitchell is sending his strongest combination into the field, headed by Ed Ingalls on the mound, and marked by the return to action of catcher Al Colwell and rightfielder Jim Sullivan.

The last named men missed the Boston University defeat Wednesday because of examinations.

The familiar, faces of Captain Dean Hill in Centerfield, Ken Sandbach at second base, and Bill Fallon at first will again bring boos and applause from the Soldiers Field stands.

Feature of the game from the spectator point of view is the introduction of ladies' day in Crimson baseball. All women will be admitted on payment of a five cent federal tax.

Freshman Games

For the Freshmen, rained out of their encounter with Northeastern Thursday, the holiday weekend sees the playing of two games away, at Exeter today and against the U. S. Naval Training Station at Newport Monday.

Coach Samborski has named John Woodward to start on the mound against the Schoolboys, while Charley Lutz hurls in the game with the Service nine.

Jayvees at Andover

Third ball club active today is the Junior Varsity which goes to Andover. Lefty Edinberg is scheduled to go to the hill for the Crimson with Eliot Bacon behind the plate.