FRESHMAN RED BOOK WILL BE READY TODAY

Book Will Have Usual Appearance, Yet Will Be Enlivened by Innovations in Content

With subscriptions already numbering ever 700, the 1940 Freshman Red Book will be distributed in the Union this afternoon from 12 to 2 o'clock and if necessary this evening from 6 to 7:30 o'clock, it was announced last night by W. Perrin Fuller '40, business manager of the recent annual publication.

Although sticking closely in make-up to issues of recent years, this year's Red Book will at the same time attempt to enlivens its general appearance by more up to date devices. Especially will this be true on the tittle page, where a new arrangement will be combined with modernistic crimson type.

The division pages will be featured by a new arrangement of photographs enclosed in the upper left-hand corners. They will also have the new red type.

Innovations include action pictures of athletics and various other Freshmen activities. The end shoots of gray stock will be reserved especially for signatures.

The cover will be the same as usual. Those who paid their subscriptions at the time of the publication of the Register last fall will find their names engraved in gold letters on it.

No copies will be given out until the five dollar subscription rate is paid in full. In order to avoid delay, it is requested that all subscribers call for their copies today.

These who have not yet subscribed and wish to do so can purchase copies either at the Union today or by getting in touch with Fuller in Wigglesworth F-12 immediately.