Crews, Nine Meet Elis This Week

Bolles Has Shifted Boat Slightly In Hunt or Speed and Endurance Over Four-Mile Distance

When Harvard won the Compton regatta early in the year, any doubts as to the ability of Coach Tom Bolles to develop a winning sprint crew were dissolved, and all that he has to prove now is that he can change them back into a boat which can withstand the gaff of a four-mile grind and come up the winner as well as they have during their spring races.

The season's record for Harvard shows wins over Tech, Syracuse, Cornell, Rutgers, Princeton Penn, and a heart breaking loss to the champion Navy crew by a matter of inches. All these races, however, were over the short Henley distance, and Harvard has yet to see a four-mile crew coached by Tom Bolles.

Two changes have been made in the boat for the long race on the Thames. Dudley Talbot, a Sophomore, is stepping into number three seat, and Reginald D. Kernan '37 will row four. They are replacing Robert S. Walcott '37 and John R. Clark '38, who are slated to start in the Jayvee boat.

Yale this year has beaten Columbia and Pennsylvania in its first race and Princeton and Cornell in its second, and comparative times show that the Blue is set to give Harvard as much competition as it can handle easily, or uneasily.

The combination boat will row Thursday, the Freshman and Junior Varsity boat at 10 and 10:30 o'clock Friday, and the Varsity at 7:15 in the evening.

Yale has a number of veteran oarsmen who rowed at New London last year. At cox is Henry Coogan, a senior, and other veterans are Harcourt Schutz '37, Charles Asit '38, Willard Brown '38, Mark Hall '37, and Rudolph Montegelas '37.