C. C. ZIMMERMAN ASSAILS PRESENT BUREAUCRACY

Tells Pennsylvania Audience It Will Result in Ruin of 6,000,000 Middle Class Farm Families

A decline of American agriculture and economic disaster to 6,000,000 middle-class farm families was predictedd by Carle C. Zimmerman, associate professor of Sociology, as the inevitable result of the present over-centralization of the national goverment. He spoke Friday night to an audience at Pennsylvania State College.

One of his main criticisms was that "The contralized agrarian program takes money from the middle and poor classes in the United States in proportion as they are poverty stricken. The relief authorities give it back to the very poor. The net sufferers are the middle classes."

Deprived of their international market by crop reduction, "the new isolated farmers will be very impoverished unless they turn to Fascism and wreck the country in order to get their relative position back," he said.

Profesor Zimmerman added that this condition is not the result of any single political party, and is "really due to the lack of judgement of our intellectual classes."