Harvard Sports Perform Poorly Over Holiday With Varsity Skaters Winning 1, Sulloway Losing in Squash Tournament

Crimson Skiers Capture Third Place in Lake Placid Meet, Dartmouth First

One win, one loss, and one tie was the unimpressive record of Coach Joe Stubbs Varsity hockey charges in their vacation engagements with New York sextets.

In the first encounter on December 28 with the Westchester Rangers, Captain Traf 'Hicks' overtime goal gave Harvard a 5-5 tie. The Crimson was unable to protect their second period three goal lead.

Lose To St. Nicks

On the following night the Stubbsmen suffered their second defeat of the season at the hands of the St. Nicks to the tune of 6-3.

Just as George Ford played a prominent part in the only other loss to date, Fred Mosely, another former captain and ace, was largely responsible for repulsing his former teammates.

After this defeat Stubbs effected a big shakeup which resulted in a 6-3 victory the following night over the Manhattan Arrows.

Shakeups Reorganize Lines

Patrick replaced Roberts at center on the first trio. Roberts moved down to pivot for Harding and Pope. Kevorkian was shifted from defense to a forward position on the third line with DeRham and Stone, Jameson going back to defense.

Scoring honors in the three games went to Harding with five goals and an assist, and Cutter and Pope with two of each.

Sulloway Misses Squash Title

Crimson squash captain Alvah W. Sulloway '38 Friday was defeated by George Cookman of Yale for the third annual intercollegiate squash racquets tournament championship held last week at the University Club in New York. Cookman won, 9-15, 15-11, 12-15, 16-15, 17-15. Both Sulloway and Cookman triumphed in the semi-finals held Thursday. At that time Sulloway had little difficulty in winning his match, but Cookman was hard pressed. Both captains were endeavoring to duplicate the feats of their predecessors who have won the cup the last two years.

Harvard placed third in the Lake Placid annual college ski week competition, which ended Saturday with the jump on the 30-meter hill at Intervale.

Dartmouth amassed 500 points to win. With Williams capturing second honors with 421.24 points, and Harvard following with 420.13. Other team scores were: Yale 410.35, Cornell 227.54, Penn State 218.90, Bowdoin 217.76, Middlebury 208.03, Colgate 119.05.

Richard Whittemore '40 was best jumper for Harvard, gaining fourth place with 199.7 feet. David Emerson '38 was fifth with 191.3 feet.

In previous events William Hinton '41, David Emerson, and Peter T. Brooks '38 were prominent. Emerson gained sixth in the down hill race, as well as seventh in the cross-country run. Hinton was ninth in the down hill, eleventh in cross-country, and eighth in the slalom. Brooks won sixth in the slalom