UNIVERSITY PLANS TO CONTINUE BROADCASTS

THIRD YEAR OF NON-COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING

With a reorganized plan of program selection the University this week starts its third year of international radio broadcasting of lectures and other educational features.

Under the new system, the Tuesday evening broadcasts during each month will be devoted in turn exclusively to one department or school of the University. The Graduate School of Business Administration is giving the lectures during October. In November there will be a special series of American History lectures, and the Graduate School of Education will begin a series carrying through December.

In January, Harvard College will sponsor the lectures. During the spring, the Law School, School of Public Health, the Graduate School of Engineering and the Music Division will have one month each.

The lectures are broadcast every Tuesday evening at 8 o'clock through the non-commercial shortware station WIXAL, of the World-Wide Broadcasting Foundation, Boston. Financed by private donations and the Rockefeller Foundation, WIXAL is devoted entirely to educational and cultural programs. The Harvard series are broadcast on a frequency of 6.04 megacycles, wavelength 49.6 meters, and are audible around the world.

This evening the first speaker will be Dr. Melvin T. Copeland, Professor of Marketing at the Business School who will talk on "Price Policies in a Changing World."

Each graduate school or department, according to the plan, will cover material of timely interest in its particular field.