DEBATE IS SCHEDULED FOR ELECTION NIGHT

Debating Council Will Argue With Penn or Princeton on Liberalism in Both Parties

A "Jamboree debate" to which all college organizations will be invited, is planned by the Debating Council for election night, November 8. The question, "Who Are the True Liberals in 1938: the Republicans or the New Deal Democrats?" will be discussed by teams from Harvard and either Princeton or Penn State.

The college organizations invited are expected to participate in the affair not only from the standpoint of sponsorship, but in the open forum discussion following the formal debating. Council officers said yesterday that they confidently expected a hot verbal strife to arise if both the Student Union and the Young Independents (formerly Young Conservatives) are in attendance.

Distinguished Guests

Prominent politicians including those who are figuring in the election have been invited to present their cases at the Forum. Among those invited are Thomas H. Eliot '28 and Robert F. Luce, rivals in the Cambridge congressional race, and Leverett Saltonstall '00 and James Michael Curley, opponents in the gubernatorial battle.

Election returns of the day will be reported to the audience at frequent intervals during the evening.

Harvard vs. Brown Again

First in a series of eight radio debates will be presented tomorrow afternoon at 3:0 o'clock, when Council members will meet a Brown University team over Station WAAB and the Colonial network.

Resolved, that this House approves the foreign policy of Neville Chamberlain is the subject for the afternoon.