TWENTY-THREE OBTAIN UNIVERSITY POSITIONS

Announcement Made of Appointments To Teaching and Research During Current Year

Twenty-three teaching and research appointments for the present academic year were made public today by Harvard University. The men, the capacity in which they will serve, and the terms of their appointments, are as follows:

For one year from September 1, 1938: William M. Murphy '28, of Somerville, as Instructor in English; Leroy J. Benoit, of Newtonville, as Instructor in French; William N. Locke, of Newtonville, as Instructor in French; Charles E. Passage, of Dansville, N. Y., as Instructor in French; Arthur J. Watzinger, of Everett, as Instructor in German; Kurt P. Roderbourg, of Portsmouth, R. I., as Instructor in German.

Charles B. Marshall, of El Paso, Tex., as Instructor in, Government; Darcy Gilmour, of Sydney, Australia, as Research Fellow in Biology; Frederick T. Wolf, of Durham, N. C., as Research Fellow in Biology; Edwin B. Astwood, of Hamilton, Bermuda, as Research Fellow in Biology; Carlos Munoz, of Santiago, Professor of Agricultural Botany and Silviculture of the School of Agronomy, University of Chile, as Research Fellow in Botany, Arnold Arboretum.

James E. Cline, of Glens Falls, N. Y., as Assistant in Chemistry; Thomas G. Webber, Jr., of Edgewood, R. I., as Assistant in Chemistry; Gerald F. Gilmore '36, of Wayland, as Assistant in Fine Arts; George E. Downing, of Chicago, Ill., as Assistant in Fine Arts; Willard M. Bright, of Toledo, Ohio, as Assistant in Chemistry; Edgar H. Clark, Jr. of Forest Hills, N. Y., as Assistant in Economics.

Douglas D. Crary, of Cambridge, as Assistant in Geography; Giles E. Brown, of Steckbridge, as Assistant in Physics; Lloyd T. Olson, of West Hempstead, N. Y., as Assistant in Civil Engineering.

For the first half of 1933-39: Charles M. Rick, Jr., of Cambridge, as Assistant in Biology; Alfred L. Baldwin, of Whittier, Calif, as Assistant in Psychology.

From December 1, 1938 to September 1, 1939: George A. C. Holt, of Cambridge, as Assistant in Fine Arts.