1500 STUDENTS IN INTRAMURAL SPORTS

Tennis Has 600; Touch Football With 500 Ranks Second; Golf, Track, Rowing, Football Also Active

While House football has been occupying the intramural spotlight, the University's fail intramural program has extended beyond the Houses to the Yard and the Law and Business schools, drawing nearly 1500 participants.

"People are apt to confuse the Houses and intramural programs," Adolf W. Samborski, Director of Intramural Athletics, said yesterday, pointing out that only about half of those participating in his extensive program last year were playing on House teams.

Most popular fall sport has been tennis, according to Samborski. Approximately 600 men have participated in the University, Freshman, Business School, and the eight House tournaments.

Touch Football Second

Touch football is a close second, with 500 participants. Besides the 11 House teams (eight first and three second teams), there is an eight-team Yardling league, a ten-team Law School circuit, and two leagues of six teams apiece in the Business School.

On the links 81 men have played in the eight fall House tourneys; the House champions will meet in an unofficial match.

Intramural track meets are slated for this week, when Yardlings will compete on Wednesday and House trackmen on Thursday. Forty four men ran in the University handicap cross country meet, and there will be an inter-House meet on Wednesday, November 16.

Activity on the Charles will include the fall singles regatta early in November and Freshmen intramural crews will race on the morning of Armistice Day, Friday, November 11, for the Thomas W. Slocum Trophy.

Two hundred and forty six men are outfitted for House football, Samborski reports, 20 more than last year. Daily attendance has averaged 125 men.