FREE ADULT COURSES OPEN THIS AFTERNOON

30 Extension Courses to be Given Here in Fall and Winter; Psychology and Astronomy Begin Today

Harvard's educational system will spread beyond the bounds of the University when courses for adults of the Boston area open this afternoon and evening as a part of the program of the University Commission on Extension Courses.

Courses starting today include elementary psychology, development of the American Constitution, and beginner's astronomy. With a faculty of 28 recruited from the staffs of Harvard, Boston University, Tufts, Simmons, and Wellesley. the Commission will sponsor 30 courses of college grade this fall and winter. Tuition is $2.50 or $5.00 a course.

Courses starting today are:

"Outlines of Astronomy," Dr. Fletcher G. Watson, of Harvard, at 7:30 o'clock, at the Harvard Astronomical Laboratory, 11 Jarvis Street, Cambridge.

"Major English Writers of the 17th Century," Professor Kenneth B. Murdock and Assistant Professor Walter E. Houghton, Jr., of Harvard, at 5:15 o'clock in Emerson Hall.

"Elementary German." Professor Joseph N. Haskell, of Boston University, at 4:14 o'clock, at Boston University, corner of Boylston and Exeter streets.

"The American Constitution," Professor Clarence P. Houston, of Tufts College, at 7:15 o'clock in Emerson Hall.

"Second Year Italian," Professor Camille P. Merlino, of Boston University, at 7 o'clock, at Boston University.

"Introductory Psychology," Professor Wayland F. Vaughan, of Boston University, at 7:30 o'clock in Emerson Hall.