Chorines Visiting in Cambridge Agree Hitch-Hiking is Better in New Haven

"Pack" and "Sis" Deplore Trend Here Toward Academic Study: Praise Stage

Two beautiful chorines, "Sis" from Texas and "Pack" from Pittsburgh, dropped into the quiet sanctity of Cambridge yesterday and marvelled at its undisturbed peace.

Admitting that they were mostly the "atmosphere" in Vinton Freedley's current stage hit "Leave it to Me," the two girls said that they were trying to absorb some of the Harvard "atmosphere."

"Let's Go to A Riot"

"Doesn't anything ever happen around here?" queried "Sis," a baby-blue-eyed blonde with a delightful Southern accent. When informed of the riots, Plan E controversy, and Hicks scandal, she squealed, "Oh, let's go to a riot!"

"Pack," a little more reticent than "Sis", although at 17 she has already been a Rockette in New York's famed Radio City and had a part in "Hooray for What," claimed that a college education was not as comprehensive as a stage education.

Hitch-hiking Poor Here

She agreed that Cambridge was "awfully dull" and wished that she could have stayed in New Haven longer. "The boys there never study," she said. "It's much easier to hitch-hike there too."

"Pack" further declared that a college education was a waste of time. "A stage career is so much more educational than a Harvard career," she chirped knowingly.

Enthusiastic about Charles

Both girls were enthusiastic about the Charles River and said that this was one feature in which Cambridge had it all over New Haven. "What's that?" they cried as an eight-oared shell flashed past. A single was even more of a curiosity to them.

Both girls had on flapping sandals which they said a "stage-door Johnny" had given them one night. The gentleman in question being in somewhat drunken condition, had allowed them to take their pick in his shoe store, they said.