Football---

yard end' sweep from his own 20-yard stripe, but he fumbled, and so no dice.

Better Toward End

Harvard's second score came as a result of one of its two good aerials of the day, a Harding to Macdonald heave which carried to the enemy 17. Gardella got eight, Harding eight and eleven inches, and Gardolla the pay-off finale.

The last two periods saw the Crimson register twice each and the Southernors once each. The third Crimson marker was a result of a fairly sustained drive from midfield, with Harding finally going over, and the fourth was likewise a 50-yard marching affair, with Harding again the big offensive gun and the final scorer.

Bob Burnett, Macdonald's understudy who played most of the second half when Torb retired with his biffed eye, rang up Harlow's fifth touchdown on a very fine 50-yard run. By this time the team's blocking had taken a definite brace. After Green had intercepted an enemy pass and Virginia got a 15-yard roughness penalty for flagrant piling on top of Gardella, Harvard pushed over its final marks, with Smith, who relieved Gardella, going over.

Bill Coleman, who divided the right guard assignment with Dave Glueck, had a novel experience. A Virginian gave him a terrific block and mentioned something about "Damyankees." Big Bill referred to the fact that his home was in Baltimore, darn close to the Mason-Dixon line. "Oh, I'm sorry," declared the invader, and helped Bill to his feet with true Southern hospitality. There are other stories, mostly of a more unprintable varisty.

Even the points after touchdowns were odd. Chief Boston kicked one regulation affair, but two were tallied when first Harding and later Frank Foley picked up the blocked pigskin and lugged it across. Cliff Wilson, whose points after touchdowns are few and far between in his life, booted the final extra point.

Ends Bart Kelly and Al Maguire, guards Howard Johnson and Tony Staruski, center Dan Cheever, blocking back Frazier Curtis, bucking back Larry Johnson, and wingback Ray Jones saw action toward the end of the game. Kelly distinguished himself with a couple of good tackles and recovered a fumble, while Jones ran well on two plays and intercepted a pass on the game's final play.

Captain John Acree at right guard for the Cavaliers was one of the outstanding linemen on the field, and his severe leg injury midway in the game was a hard blow for the invaders. Also punter Sharretts was probably the top booter to appear in the Stadium this year.