Freshman Eleven Defeats Yale--- Varsity Soccer Wins

Mendel, Lewis, Rousmaniere Star in Last Game Before Meeting Yale Friday

Meeting what was probably the strongest opposition this season, the Crimson booters came through with a 3 to 1 victory over the Army soccer team Saturday afternoon.

The booters seemed to have definitely recovered from their slump which began two weeks before when they were tied by the Tigers from New Jersey, and which almost cost them a blemish on their undefeated record at the hands of M. I. T. last week.

The first half remained scoreless despite a strong forward attack by the Crimson. Shifty and efficient passwork by the forwards and half backs were of no avail when miskicks and the wind diverted the ball from its course to the Army goal.

Cadet Thrusts Repulsed

The play was not down in Army territory during all of the first half. Cadet Odon led several swift attacks down into Crimson territory which were repulsed by effective boots by fullbacks Bradley and Hardenbergh and by saves in the goal by williams.

Mendel scored the first Crimson goal in the third period with an unusual boot with his right foot from the left wing. Rousmanfere tallied the second goal later in the third period.

Lewis came up to score the third Crimson goal in the fourth period, and the Army did not score until a corner kick found its way into the Crimson goal late in the fourth period.

Efficient passwork by Edgar, Rousmaniere and Lewis difinitely proved the short passing used by the Crimson is superior to long range communication used by the Cadets and other eastern collegiate soccer teams.

The disheartening tie by Princeton was offset Saturday when Princeton defeated Yale by the score of 1 to 0. The Crimson soccer team will travel to New Haven on Friday to Defend their big three soccer championship.

The line-up: Williams, g. Bradley, r. f. b. Hardenbergh, 1. f. b. Phillips, l. h. b. Jacobson, c. h. b. Edgar, r. h. b. Johansen, r. o. Witkin, l. i. Page, c. f. Harnden, r. i. Mendel, l, o. Substitutes: Lewis, Rousmaniere, Soully, and Willetts.

The Yardling booters, playing at the same time shut out M. I. T. by the score o 1 to 0. Stabler made the only tally as Myerson and Murphy excelled for the Crimson on the field.