Ten Organizations Sponsor Mass Meeting to Protest German Acts

Chafee, Friedrich, Allport and Bingham to Address Meeting In Emerson Hall

Harvard will unofficially add its voice to the national protest against Nazi religious and racial persecutions at a mass meeting in Emerson D at 12 o'clock today.

The speakers at the meeting will be Dean Sperry, Zechariah Chafee, professor of Law, Carl J. Friedrich, professor of Government, Gordon Allport, associate professor of Psychology and William Bingham, director of Physical Education and Athletics. William Chambers '39 will preside at the meeting.

Five Minute Speeches

Although the speakers, who will each have five minutes on the half-hour program, have not yet announced their topics it is understood that Friedrich will discuss America's part in the refugee problem. Allport will expound his personal views, as will Bingham, who opposed America's participation in the German Olympics because of the anti-Jewish sentiment.

The sponsoring organizations are: Avukah, Council of Government Concentrators, Debating Council, Dramatic Society, Monthly, Phillips Brooks House, Philosophical Society, Student Union, St. Paul Society, and the Teachers Union.

H.S.U. Sends Telegrams

Robert E. Lane '39, president of the Student Union, announced that the following statement was sent yesterday to all Eastern colleges for endorsement: "We students of American colleges protest the exclusion of Jewish students from German universities. Religious discrimination and book burning destroy twentieth century intellectual standards and degrade German scholarship."