Cloudy With Showers

The only Harvard team that lost Saturday was the sturdy band of Crimson athletes which besieged in vain the Yale goalposts. Yowis of frustration were to be heard when the men from Cambridge hurled themselves against uprights that turned out to be made of steel reinforced with concrete.

The sight of a score of trophy-seekers heaving on the end of a hawser tied to the cross-bar reminded sportswriters of the recent attack on Princeton steel uprights. The determined Bulldogs refused to admit defeat; they produced a block and tackle which succeeded in at least leaving the impression that a frightfully strong wind had passed that way.

* * * * *

Captain Bobby Green, who is shortly to receive a gold football for his 60 muddy minutes of play, was the recipient of another gift he is sure to cherish. Eldridge "Big Fat" Greene '02, 60-minute Yale game center on Harvard's victorious team of 1901, rushed up to Bobby after the game and presented him with the old Harvard jersey he had worn when the Crimson downed the Elis, 22 to 0, 37 years ago.

The Yale Alumni Association wishes to announce the disappearance of their treasured blue-and-white banner bearing the immortal legend "For God, for Country, and for Yale." Apparently, this item was the only thing gained by Harvard, for Crimson weekenders are still straggling in with doleful reports of lower bank accounts, boiling-points, and morals as a result of the Connecticut invasion.

* * * * *

Yeeman work was done before, during, and after the game by the University Band. Two trolley-cars full of Cambridge musicians blared Harvard music at sullen New Haven gamins on the way to the Bowl, and all the way back one liquified saxophonist emitted a continuous version of Harvardiana, forgetting, however, to disembark until North Haven.

* * * * *

Prettiest run of the afternoon was executed by a Crimson waterboy who, while sprinting toward the sidelines after a time-out, crossed the last wide stripe on his managerial afterdeck, on a brilliant five-yard squish.