Harvard Men Launch Radio Hour Over WEEI Tonight

Gathered about a dinner table in the Boston City Club tonight, half a dozen men of Harvard, officers or graduates, will play an important role in the formal launching of "New England Town Hall, Inc." and their conversation will be broadcast over Station WEEI.

Master of ceremonies for the occas- ion will be John J. Mahoney '03, Director of Extension Courses, Member of the Faculty, and president of the organization which was incorporated June 6 as a "non-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian institution devoted to educational work in the economic, political and social fields."

George H. Chase '96, Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, is vice-president of the group, whose money bags are watched over by Christian A. Herter '15.

The five-months-old corporation, now seeking to establish itself in permanent form, first gained public attention prior to the last election by a series of broadcasts on Plan E and other issues in the political limelight.

The desire to continue broadcasts dealing with topics of public interest has led to this evening's dinner, in the course of which various ideas will be put forward as to the possible form of a permanent program. Sterling Fisher, educational director for the Columbia Broadcasting System will attend.

In addition to Dean Chase, the speakers will include Kirtley F. Mather, professor of Geology, and Judge Jacob J. Kaplan '09. The latter will discuss the need for racial harmony