HOUSE DEBATE TOPIC CHANGED TO REFUGEES

ALL HOUSE TEAMS WILL HAVE MET BY END OF WEEK

Instead of the scheduled scientific question, the subject of the Lowell-Kirkland debate will be: "Resolved, That the United States should substantially extend the quota on German refugees." This debate will be held in the Kirkland Junior Common Room on Thursday, at 7.30 o'clock.

Taking the affirmative, Lowell House will be represented by Sherman M. Tonkonow '40 and Nathan Belfer '41, while Bernard Rivin '40, and Richard S. Laue '41 will orate for Kirkland.

This will be the fifth Inter-house debate; Lowell will be arguing for the second time and Kirkland for the first. By the end of this week every House, including the Dudley-Apley-Claverly-Little team, will have debated at least once. The standings are as follows:   WON  LOST Winthrop  1  0 Lowell  1  0 Leverett  1  0 Eliot  1  1 Dunster  0  1 Adams  0  1 Dudley  0  1 Kirkland  0  0

The sixth Inter-house debate, between Dunster and Adams, is tentatively scheduled for Monday, December 1. The teams will probably discuss the question, "Should the Church place more emphasis on the social gospel and less on personal religion."