"YALE NEWS" PROPOSES LIGHT GRID SCHEDULE

Declares That Elis Cannot Continue Facing Suicide Schedule of Major Opponents Only

Voicing undergraduate resentment at this fall's "suicide schedule" of the Yale football team, the "Yale News" has been waging an editorial war for a modified program of grid encounters for future years.

Declaring that "in another ten years Yale might end up on the same field with Pitt and Notre Dame," the latest editorial proposed the pruning off of all intersectional games and the addition of at least two breathers."

"The motive for this change is by no means found in a selfish desire to assure Yale a more creditable showing," the "News" asserts. "Rather it is based on a frank recognition of the impossibility of asking any team, no matter how strong, to face a schedule composed solely of major opponents. Then, too, any move in this direction is a healthy step towards the goal of de-emphasising athletics."

The undergraduate daily admits that there will be "some shrinkage in revenue" but answers that "this loss would not be sufficiently important to justify the suicide schedule purely as a profit making venture."